Details for Bookers
For Theatres, Arts Centres, Village Halls and schools:
- The show is for the whole family, for everyone from 4 years old and up.
- Show lasts about 50 minutes. No interval.
- When the space is suitable: After the show the audience will be invited to play musical instruments, meet the puppets and chat.. and not rush away.Audience up to 180.
- Good quality publicity is included in the fee, for you to overprint : 350 leaflets, 30 A4 posters and 10 A3 posters.
- Space for our stage: at least 5.5m wide x 3.7m deep x 2.7m high (18ft wide x 12ft deep x 9ft high)
- The show can be performed on a raised stage or in a flat-floored venue.
- Puppets perform at tabletop height…. so an audience sitting on the floor, with a few rows of chairs or raked seating is ideal. For flat floors we carry rugs for about 80 people to sit at floor level. Up to 4 rows of chairs can be placed behind these rugs. Dependent on your venue extra little rows of chairs can be placed at the side of the rugs.
- Blackout required… or at least a grey-out.
- We can provide all our own lighting and sound. For theatre venues additional lighting will greatly benefit the show.
- Three electric sockets required, 13 amps each.
- We use Theatrical Smoke: please ensure any smoke alarm can be switched off.
- Set-up time: at least 1½ hours.
- Pack-up: at least 1 hour.
- Performed by two puppeteers and a musician.
- Assistance is required to carry equipment in and out.
- All sets are made of class 1 standard materials or are treated with a fire-retarding spray.
- PuppetCraft’s electrical equipment is PAT certified passed.
- PuppetCraft has £2-million Public Liability Insurance.
- Music workshops will be offered before the show to teach anyone 6 years old + to play instruments to become a musical part of the show.
- 45 minutes for up to 30 participants. Families encouraged to do the workshop together.
- Accommodation may be required: B+B for 3 singles. Hospitality with friends of your venue is fine.
For outdoor festivals:
Details are as above except:
- Show can be reduced to 30 minutes.
- The show is for the whole family.
- We can do the show without power. This will require a quiet environment.
- If available: Three electric sockets 13 amps each. · We can provide all our own lighting and sound. Additional lighting will greatly benefit the show.
- If the weather is very windy or at all wet we cannot perform, unless an alternative covered space can be provided.
To download a high resolution picture click on image.
For booking and enquiries please contact
John Roberts, artistic director
PuppetCraft, 1 Venton Oak Cottages, Dartington, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 6DW.
Tel: 01803 867778 Email: email@example.com
PuppetCraft is one of Britain’s most acclaimed touring puppet troupes.
Since 1990 PuppetCraft has been performing both nationally and internationally in village halls, theatres, arts centres, schools and festivals. It has built a reputation as a friendly, highly professional company delivering inventive, quality puppet-theatre to any venue.