The Tin Forest details
- For theatres, festivals, arts centres, village halls & schools.
- The show is for everyone aged 3 and up. It has been enjoyed by entire primary schools (aged 3 to 12) and public audiences aged 3 to 83 (but we are sure older people will also enjoy it!)
- Show lasts about 45 minutes. No interval.
- Audience up to 200.
- Space for our stage: at least 5.8m wide x 3.7m deep x 3m high.
- The show can be performed on a raised stage or in a flat-floored venue. We can provide rugs for some of audience to sit on.
- For best effect a blackout is needed… or at least a grey-out. We can perform in a non-dark hall. We can perform a simplified version outdoors, without power.
- We provide all our own lighting and sound.
- Three electric sockets required, 13 amps each.
- Set-up time: at least 1½ hours.
- Pack-up: at least 1 hour.
- Included in the fee is good quality publicity for you to overprint: 350 leaflets, 30 A4 posters and 10 A3 posters. Additional publicity is available at cost.
- Accommodation may be required: B+B for 3 singles. Hospitality with friends of your venue is fine.
- Performed by two puppeteers and a musician.
- The show has no words so will work well for an audience aged 3 and up, including deaf, hard of hearing and non-English speaking people.
- Can be as pure entertainment, or educational when linked to a workshop. Especially suited to studies of environmental issues and recycling.
· For up to 30 participants, 7 years old and above, with family groups welcome.
· Lasts up to 1½ hours.
· Make animated sculptures from discarded materials to display after the show and to take home. 1 hour.
Participants will be asked to bring easy to find recycled materials.
· Learn to play metal junk-instruments (that have been made by a blacksmith) to play an overture for the show.
The following credits MUST be included in all publicity:
PuppetCraft presents The Tin Forest a puppet show based on the book by Helen Ward, illustrated by Wayne Anderson, published by Templar. For everyone…. all the way down to 3 year olds.